Friday, 17 August 2012

Family Room Purchase

Unbeknownst to me Paul had been watching an item on eBay last week and successfully won the bid.  It's a 60s teak shadow box to hang on the wall in the Family Room.  I love it (just as well, eh?!).  We are yet to hang it in the wall so here's the pics from eBay:





I've been inspired by some recent blogs on indoor hanging plants - example:

Planters by Farrahsit


and am thinking that I might mount these Ikea ceramic holders on the wall next to the teak shadow box.  It's a North facing room so should get enough light to support the indoor plants. We'll see how it goes!
Ikea Asker container

I'm also coveting a black and white chevron rug for this room, but so far have only managed to find a black and stone colour from Bayliss rugs.  The Ikea Stockholm rug is my other consideration for the interim (whilst trying to save some pennies!)

Bayliss Flatweave Chevron rug in Black & Stone

Ikea Stockholm Rug


Concept board for the Family Room below - at this stage anyway...!  It may change if/when we have the money to do anything about it!

So far, the lights are installed, Coburn picture hung and Teak shadow box purchased.
Still to come: the Nelson slimline sofas (2 x 3 seaters), the chevron rug, teak coffee table, Ikea containers...and the jury is still out on the red Swan chair...

Also debating whether to put a Danish sideboard in this room or the Dining Room.  If this room, I may consider just one sofa and two matching chairs rather than two sofas (so you can actually see the sideboard!)






3 comments:

  1. Love the shadow box! Your plans for this space are really coming together nicely, Nat!!

    M
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of a shadow box (too young?!) but I love it! I'm going to hunt one down now haha! I love anything retro and 60s so it's right up my alley. I love the swan chairs - I would love a black leather one for a corner of our bedroom but there are too many other things to buy first! Loving it all.

    ReplyDelete