Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Kitchen Appliances Installed

Today the kitchen appliances were installed.  Finally our kitchen is complete!  Well, almost - the dishwasher is semi integrated and needs a cover panel made to match the cupboards.  I ordered a quote for this today from the company that made the kitchen.  I couldn't order it before installation because the  panel size is dependent on the height of the adjacent cupboards and the kicker, so it needed to be measured in situ.

Here's some pics (apologies for the resolution - Paul only had his phone handy).  We'll take some better pics once the light fittings have been installed and we've cleaned!




The curtains were installed on Friday, but unfortunately the wall brackets for the ripple fold sheers in the Master bedroom were too short which meant the curtains wouldn't clear the holland blind underneath, so the Installer had to order new brackets.  These should be arriving later this week or early next week.  It was a bit of an anti-climax - I've been waiting 3 months to see the curtains installed!  But one more week won't hurt I guess.

Air conditioning gets installed tomorrow - a nice little birthday pressie for me - I haven't lived in a house with ducted refrigerative air conditioning since I was 7 years old and it feels like a real treat to have it!

We also had an electrician around today to quote installation of our light fittings.  Hopefully he is available to install them sometime before next Tuesday, which is MOVING DAY!  We booked the removalists today - no turning back now!


6 comments:

  1. Excitement plus! Only a week to go - woo hoo! Happy birthday for tomorrow, Nat. I hope you have a great one.

    M
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sucks about your curtains, I can't wait to see ours and I haven't even ordered anything yet!! I would be so bummed!! Hopefully the electrician can install the lights by Tuesday or you might need a bulk pack of tea light candles lol. Everything is looking fabulous!! Love love love the kitchen. Who are you getting your curtains through Nat? How exciting booking movers! I can't stand moving, I would almost prefer to walk on hot coals but still an exciting exercise it means its actually happening!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel, the curtains are through Victory. There are a few reasons I chose them: they offer Metricon customers a discount, they make the curtains in Oz and I have their Romans in my rental and really happy with them and they are a good mid price range. Also there was a fabric I saw in a Metricon display home and it was easier to get from them than try and find an equivalent elsewhere - they had the details of the display on record :)

      Delete
  3. First of all Congrats on the completion of your kitchen. Though I can't see much of it from the pics you have posted but from the description I believe it will be pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, I'll post some pictures of the full kitchen soon. I just need to get around to fixing the plaster around the rangehood ducting. Somehow there's always other jobs ahead of that one!

      Delete