Thursday, 19 July 2012

Farewell Prahran



After 3 years (for me; 4 for Paul, 2 for Oli and 5.5 weeks for Lucas!) it is time to bid Prahran farewell.  We are leaving the relative security of our 2nd floor apartment and the hustle bustle, walking distance convenience of Chapel and High Streets and heading East to the 'burbs to settle in to family life.

A few specific things I'll miss about Prahran:

Dukes - for coffee and brunch
Peter, the owner, used to own and run the cafe where Paul and I used to work in Mulgrave.  So when I moved to Prahran and Dukes opened shortly after, it was a nice surprise to see Peter would be making my coffees once again!  Not that he spends much time behind the coffee machine these days.  He now has very capable funky baristas doing wonderful latte art.

It's quite a dilemma as we buy all our coffee beans from Dukes, which are roasted on site.  I've no idea where to buy my beans from now!

Dukes - Chapel St Windsor

A younger Oliver on one of my many Dukes coffee bean runs

Market Lane Coffee - for coffee on the run





Hobba - for coffee



Prahran Market - for meat, veg & speciality goods



Borsch Vodka & Tears - Polish Tapas Style Dinner and vodka cocktails





And of course, 'celeb' spotting...



No comments:

Post a Comment