|Sample pics of the floorboards. Boral Silkwood in Spotted Gum|
The walkways are covered in cardboard to protect them.
|Floorboards in Butlers Pantry|
The flyscreens have also made an appearance on all the bedroom windows, but not yet installed for any of the living areas or bathroom and laundry.
|Flyscreens in master bedroom|
The bathroom mirrors have been replaced with the correct frameless ones, although the ensuite mirror is still about 3mm short of the tile and vanity width on the left. I don't care about it too much (I didn't even notice) but Paul is bothered by it.
|Paul's raindrop showerhead :)|
The plumber returned at the start of the week to fit off the toilets and bathroom bath, but unfortunately didn't swap the basin wastes over to the pop up ones.
End panels of the overhead cabinets were removed as they hung too low
and were in the way of the splashback.
The carpet is scheduled to be installed sometime early next week and then house clean is booked for the 5th. No date from the Site Manager as to the QA check yet and I haven't bothered to ask, given I don't think he's in a position to know this with the amount of small jobs yet to be completed and the fact that he's having trouble getting the trades back to finish off. The items left to do as far as I can tell are:
- Laundry and Rear Garage external door handles missing
- Internal door handles and wardrobe handles to two bedrooms missing
- Stormwater not yet connected to the street (water erupts out of the ground at the front of the site and pours over the footpath into the Telstra pit on the nature strip)
- One down pipe still missing, another not connected to the underground pipe (buried about a metre away)
- Rumpus and Linen Cupboard doors missing
- Splashback sides yet to be installed (sitting onsite so perhaps waiting for the large back piece to set before they attempt to fit them).
- Replace bathroom and ensuite basin wastes with pop up ones
- Rewire the front portico pillar lights and fit them off
- Install timber quad around floor board edges
- Install carpet
- Caulking to tiles and kitchen splashback
- Adjust kitchen drawers and cupboards (some stick or knock against other doors) and resize overhead end panels (and maybe new bin drawer front with top aligned handle...???)
- Fit door stops
- Install manhole cover
- Fit off hot water service and gas meter
- Paint touch ups :)