So here's the choices I've made elsewhere...
|Master Bedroom windows|
- Floor to ceiling, wall to wall ripple fold white sheers (example below), plus
- White blockout holland blind behind the sheers for night time privacy
|Ripple Fold Sheer Curtains|
Image sourced here
Sitting Room (i.e. Study)
- Eyelet sheers on a black curtain rod
I liked the curtains we saw in the master bedroom of the Metricon Aria display home in Caulfield, so I've gone with the exact same fabric and curtain rod.
|Curtains from the Metricon Aria display home in Caulfield|
Rowe Fabrics, Design: Barrow Creek, Colour: Silver
- White Holland Blind with a cassette pelmet
Dining Room Sliding Doors
- White screen (i.e. see through) roller blinds with cassette pelmet
- Blockout Roman blinds (light grey for the kid's rooms and plain white for the spare room)
|Victory Roman Blinds|
- White Blockout holland blind - no pelmet
With a baby arriving shortly after we envisage moving in, it will be a huge relief to have working curtains, rather than having to tie up old sheets! Of course other furnishings will have to go on the backburner to pay for them, but I think I can handle a few empty rooms for a while!