Monday, 12 December 2011

Aria

Once you've made your colour selections you really shouldn't visit any more display homes.  Yet I was unable to help myself yesterday and just had to go and see the new Metricon display home in Caulfield.  I convinced myself the aim was to get inspiration for furnishing and landscaping, but I know the real truth is I'm unashamedly addicted to viewing display homes.

When you first get the idea to build a house and consequently make the trip to your first round of display homes, there is an indescribable feeling of desire as you walk through each house; an almost giddy feeling.  For every visit thereafter, you try to maintain the dreamy, wistful feeling of owning one of these brand new houses, so neatly furnished and just begging to be lived in.  However, as with all things done repeatedly, the feeling is hard to maintain.  But you attempt to relive it again anyway...and again...and again!

And so it was that I dragged Paul and Oli off to yet another display home, in search of the elusive 'new house high'.

The Aria is a brand new home design in Metricon's Signature range, called the Aria.  It fits on a narrow 13.5m width block and has a very contemporary choice of facades.

http://www.metricon.com.au/melbourne/homes/aria

Perhaps it's the combination of seeing our own house with plaster the day before, and the fact that the kitchen/dining area in the Aria is furnished in loosely the Danish Modern style that Paul and I love, that allowed us to once again experience the 'rush' as we stood in the open living space downstairs.  We also loved the paving in the backyard (and of course the lap pool, which we'll NEVER have...).  I think we just stood there in silence for a good 10 minutes or so and soaked in the bits and pieces we each liked.



Aria Caulfield Kitchen / Dining pics from www.metricon.com.au

I love these floor to ceiling double sliding doors.
Thinking of doing something similar for our Sitting Room

A glimpse of the pool.
We are debating either rendered retaining walls or stacked stone for our elevated areas in the front and back yards. 

Timber feature wall


Upstairs is styled a little too South Yarra Male for my liking, so we whisked fairly quickly through each room.  I did however, love the sheer curtains in the master bedroom, and will be enquiring with Metricon where I can get them:



If, like me, you're a display home junkie, do take the opportunity on a lovely sunny afternoon and visit the Aria display.  Even if the house isn't to your taste, it's a nice change from the furnishing styles in recent display homes.

1 comment:

  1. I made the enquiry about the curtains through Metricon's Facebook page and got a response that they are indeed from Victory: Rowe Fabrics, Uluru Collection, Barrow Creek, Colour Silver. Time to get a quote!

    ReplyDelete