Thursday, 6 October 2011

Day 7: Site Works

The Site Manager called this morning to inform me the concrete piers would be done today.  So mid afternoon curiosity got the better of me and I took a drive to have a look.

When I arrived, the concreter was waiting on a second delivery of concrete to fill the last few holes.  It's such a surreal feeling to have people working on the property without me expressly organising it.  I can't really put it into words.  It just feels strange.  Perhaps because I was owner builder on my last project and lived and breathed every detail, every contractor and every day of the schedule.  Anyway, I'm loving being a passenger in this build.  It means I can enjoy watching the changes evolve without the stress of having to organise other people.

The following sign greeted me upon arrival.  I wonder if the Site Manger put this up this morning.  Love it!  Obviously not M standard issue...no logo or slogan...











Glad to see the Site Manager had the tree protection fencing erected.  He spoke to me this morning and said he'd organise it.  A few hours later and here it is:



 Retaining walls are in:


There is still somewhat of a backyard to play with:



Wow the house is close to the boundary on the South side!  Not the best bedroom views...better get creative with a fence colour and plants!  Ah, the challenges that lie ahead!



I'm meeting the drainage guy on Monday morning to talk about the stormwater run off to the street, to make sure he'll install it clear of the proposed new driveway and not sever the roots of the 50 year old liquidamber tree on the nature strip.  At my last place the neighbours killed a similar tree on our boundary when they installed underground power to their house, so I've seen first hand how easily it is done!

Can't wait to see the slab in - still on schedule for the 18th.  Formwork is going in this time next week 12th - 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment